Thursday, July 9, 2009

Nolboo Restaurant




My favorite restaurant in Korea is Nolboo Budae Chigae. It's a popular chain with other themes like bossam (pig's leg), which is also very popular. I've never been to any of the Nolboo Bossam restaurants, but I'm always happy when I find a chigae one.




I always prefer the beef budae chigae. I like to add ramen noodle as well.



Budae Chigae is actually a dish created when American GI's were stationed in Korea during and following the Korean war. It usually contains ham, baked beans, green onions, leeks, rice cake pieces, mushrooms, red pepper paste and vegetable broth.



This is Kimchi, the food most representative of Korean cuisine. There are hundreds of varieties, but this one, made with cabbage (baechu), is by far the most common.




Here are the Nolboo restaurant mascots. Yes, I know it's ridiculous.

No comments:

Post a Comment