Sunday, July 26, 2009

Walking Around Downtown


I took some pictures last weekend when I was downtown. Skyscrapers are in no short supply here.



This hundred year old building (Seokjojeon) was built for King Gojong. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gojong_of_Korea) It was an art museum when the Japanese occupied Korea, but I'm not sure what it is now. Actually the National Museum of Art, Doksugung is adjacent to this building. I noticed there was a Botero? exhibition, but we didn't bother going in.



This is the main hall of Deok Su Palace that is located across the street from Seoul City Hall.



There were some renovations and reconstructions occuring on the palace grounds.





I saw thousands of riot police downtown, but no protesters.



We found an area with a lot of Dalk Galbi restaurants. The ladies ended up getting their nails done at one of the kiosks off to the left while I walked around.

No comments:

Post a Comment