Tuesday, September 8, 2009

The Korean War Musem

We went to the Korean War Museum on Saturday. Actually it's not only about the Korean War. It also has information about all the armed conflicts in Korea throughout history. I really found it much more interesting than the other museums I've been to in Seoul.







I didn't pay too much attention to the weapons because everytime I looked at them, I kept thinking about all the poor bastards who got completely blasted. If you're into that sort of thing, you'll love this place. Every single instrument of death and destruction seems to documented and displayed within these halls. However I liked seeing the uniforms and reading about the Korean War which is still a big gray area in my mind. As with every history, there are countless details that elude me despite my careful investigations.











If you want to go there, take the blue line to Samgakji station and get out at exit 12.

By the way, there are also a lot of Daegu Tang restaurants around the other exits if you want to eat a Korean style fish stew.





No comments:

Post a Comment